Are you or your loved one an entertainment professional aged 65 and older? You can reach out to us for help and support in navigating the transitions common in this stage of life.
Our caring and experienced social workers are here to help you develop a plan tailored to meet your or your family member's needs. Our care plan includes:
- Assessment of your social, financial, housing and health needs
- Supportive counseling to help you manage life transitions
- Caregiver support when caring for a family member or friend
- Advocacy in negotiating community resources and medical systems
- Linkage to entitlements or other benefits
- Emergency Financial assistance
- Referral to help you create your end of life planning documents, including a will, financial power of attorney and healthcare proxy
We can also make local home and hospital visits as necessary. We will work with you to get a better understanding of how we can best provide support.
Since medical coverage is often of great concern, our Senior Care Program works closely with our Artists Health Insurance Resource Center to provide information about health insurance, Medigap policies and prescription programs.
Am I eligible?
Any performing arts or entertainment professional may call on our Senior Services for support, information or referrals to community agencies.
For financial assistance, we will ask for an application, documentation of your professional earnings and an interview. In general, eligibility requirements for financial assistance are:
- Five years of documented professional performing arts and entertainment earnings out of the last seven years.
- Three of the five documented years of earnings must be a minimum of $6,500 per year.
- Twenty years of industry-paid employment with at least 10 years of industry earnings of $5,000 per year.
- Documented financial need.
If you have questions regarding financial assistance please contact us.
Get in touch:
No matter where you live in the U.S., we’re here to help. Get in touch with your nearest regional office at:
323.933.9244, ext. 443
This directory includes resources primarily available for seniors in New York City's Clinton/Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea neighborhoods.
Related Sites & Organizations
The Department of Aging serves as a unifying resource that provides information on federal, state, and local programs and service providers. They host a hotline, 1-800-510-2020 , available to anyone seeking information about resources and services for seniors and adults with disabilities throughout California.
Public Transportation Services for Seniors and the Disabled: ADA Paratransit service is for riders with disabilities or health conditions which prevent them from using fixed route service (Buses and "El" Trains).
This site is useful for Chicago residents seeking senior services including advocacy, information, and assistance in seeking benefits, classes, multi-purpose senior centers, and case management.
The Department on Aging is dedicated to preserving the independence and quality of life of seniors and their caregivers by providing programs, services, resources, and advocacy. They support a Senior Helpline for anyone interested in obtaining resources or services for seniors, 1-800-252-8966. They also host a hotline to report Elder Abuse, 1-866-800-1409.
Dedicates itself to finding the cause, the cure, and care improvement for individuals with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. Offers online resources that provides information about Alzheimer's, as well as a newsletter, a magazine, and workshops.