HIV Initiative

Are you an entertainment professional living with HIV/AIDS, newly diagnosed or caring for a loved one? We can help you create confidential, holistic plans and support systems to meet your immediate and long-term emotional, medical and financial needs. 

While new medical treatments have given hope for an end to the epidemic, HIV continues to create significant emotional, medical and financial needs among those infected and affected. Our social workers are here to help through the continuum of living with HIV.

HIV Initiative social workers can provide counseling services and often work in a supportive role over many years of a person’s life. We provide a safe, long-term network where people can receive both individual and group support.

We can connect with you by phone, virtually or in person to help you locate resources in your community and coordinate those services in the context of a longer-term supportive plan.

Please register or log in to our Entertainment Community Fund Portal to access our workshops, programs and services. Our portal is designed to cater to your individual needs and interests, offering access to a wide range of resources and support—all with the guidance and understanding of what it takes to build a life and career in the arts.

The Entertainment Community Fund is committed to maintaining your privacy and confidentiality.

* Images used for illustrative purposes only. Any person depicted in the licensed material is a model.

Am I eligible?

Any performing arts or entertainment professional may call on the HIV Initiative for support, information or referrals to community agencies.

For financial assistance, we will ask for an application, documentation of your professional earnings and an interview. In general, eligibility requirements for financial assistance are:

  • Five years of documented professional performing arts and entertainment earnings out of the last seven years.
  • Three of the five documented years of earnings must be a minimum of $6,500 per year.


  • Twenty years of industry-paid employment with at least 10 years of industry earnings of $5,000 per year.
  • Documented financial need.

If you have questions regarding financial assistance please contact us.

Get in touch:

No matter where you live in the U.S., we’re here to help. Get in touch with your nearest regional office at:

Eastern Region 

Central Region

Western Region