The Musicians’ Assistance Program (MAP) provides support so that Local 802 members can perform with the highest artistry and productivity, while minimizing any interruption to their work.
This service is provided by Local 802 for its members and their families and is administered and professionally staffed by the Entertainment Community Fund. All of MAP’s services are strictly confidential and are free of charge.
- Short-term counseling, support and referrals to help address a wide range of personal, family and work issues including stress, depression, anxiety, family pressures, marital and relationship difficulties, domestic violence and bereavement
- Assessment and referrals for substance abuse or addiction to a wide variety of treatment programs such as detoxification, inpatient rehabilitation, halfway houses, sober living houses and outpatient treatment programs. In addition, our social workers can work with family members, partners or friends in dealing with the effects of addiction
- Information and referral to community resources for such concerns as childcare, elder care, public and community benefits, financial assistance, and legal services
- All referrals take into account insurance benefits and any financial constraints
- Work/life seminars on such topics as financial management, health insurance and access to health care
Am I eligible?
All members of Local 802 and their families are eligible to receive these services.
Get in touch:
For emergencies on evenings and weekends only, call 212.621.7780.