Your success matters to us. Learn how to gain access to and use our comprehensive suite of services to identify and establish additional streams of income.
We are delighted that you have chosen The Career Center to help you develop and manage your career goals. We know that working professionals often need additional career opportunities to support their industry work. Through your participation in The Career Center, you will learn how to develop and manage your career.
To participate in our services, follow these steps:
Step 1: Attend The Career Center Orientation. During orientation, you will learn specific details about how we support you in your career.
Step 2: Complete Registration Documentation. During orientation, you will be asked to complete a registration form that tells us about you, your work in the industry and your career goals.
Once you have completed these two important steps, you will gain access to an array of programs designed specifically for the entertainment and performing arts community:
- Our Career Counseling program explores your relationship to work and how to transfer your skills, when desired, to additional streams of work.
- Our Job Development program helps you frame and market your interests and skills to employers for maximum impact.
- Our Career Transition For Dancers program supports dancers preparing for the end of their dance career.
- Our education and training programs like The Creative Entrepreneur Project and Arts Education help train you for specialized careers in business and instruction.
Am I eligible?
Seminars, Webinars and Select Workshops:
- Open to professionals and pre-professionals pursuing paid employment in the performing arts and entertainment industry.
Individual Career Counseling, Job Search Coaching and Groups:
- Professional Union: Active union members are eligible to participate. Must provide union information.
- Professional Non-Union: Non-union members will be asked to provide employment documentation.
- Former Professional: Union or non-union members will be asked to provide employment documentation.
Get in touch:
No matter where you live in the U.S., we’re here to help. Get in touch with your nearest regional office at:
212.221.7300, ext. 259
323.933.9244, ext. 450
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in Partnership with the City Council.
Creativity Doesn't Age Speaker Series: Redirecting Your Creative Career Path
June 8, 2023 | Los Angeles
The Career Center's Creativity Doesn't Age Speaker Series invites guest speakers who have knowledge and commitment to addressing strategies for our community to connect and engage in creative ways.
The Career Center Orientation (ET)
June 12, 2023 | New York
Orientation is the first step to enrolling in the services of The Career Center.
Career Journey | Act 2: What Are the Possibilities? (PT)
June 13, 2023 | Los Angeles
The purpose of this workshop series is to assist performing arts and entertainment professionals in their search to find meaningful work.
The Career Center Orientation (PT)
June 14, 2023 | Los Angeles
An introduction to all The Career Center programs and services, including career development workshops, including resume, job seeking and interviewing, group counseling and our job board. This event is open to all entertainment professionals.
Related Sites & Organizations
The City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs
Provides funding to individual artists.
Alliance for California Traditional Artist
Provides a list of organizations that have funds available to individual artist and artist organizations.
Silicon Valley Creates
Selects the Santa Clara County region's finest artists through a competitive process, using independent expert panels, and honors these artists with unrestricted cash prizes at an Artist Laureate celebration.
Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
Offers resources to individuals wishing to start their own business. Providing information on preparing a business plan and choosing a business type and structure.
California Department of Education
Compiles a list of California funding available from various foundations and funds.