Housing Facilities Operated by The Actors Fund
Westbeth, no open wait list
384 residential live-work units
- The Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance
- The New School for Drama BFA and MFA program
- The LAByrinth Theater
- A synagogue
- An art gallery
- Numerous large and small spaces rented to painters, sculptors, musicians and other artists.
Manhattan Plaza, no open wait list
- 1,689 units, 70% of which occupied by performing artists with the balance occupied by community elderly and community residents living in subsidized housing
- Rents are subsidized under the Section 8 program
Residents of the complex and the neighborhood enjoy:
- Use of the building’s state of the art playground
- Five tennis courts
- Health club with an enclosed swimming pool
Mirrors Manhattan Plaza with 139 units, 70% of which is artist housing and 15% is for residents of the local community board, and 15% for seniors.
- 89 units of affordable live/work housing for artists and their families
- 3,000 square feet available for a resident gallery
- 10,000 square feet of non-residential space for arts and cultural organizations on the ground floor and lower level.