Applying for Affordable Housing (NYC) (ET)
Want to apply for affordable housing but don't know where to begin? The Entertainment Community Fund's Applying for Affordable Housing seminar helps participants get organized so they can be prepared to take advantage of opportunities to apply. The application process is explained in simple steps and helps applicants avoid common mistakes. Information regarding assessing your income, eligibility criteria and documentation is discussed to address the specific needs of the performing arts and entertainment community. In addition to information about city-wide affordable housing, information is also provided about the Entertainment Community Fund housing for performing arts professionals. The following questions will be addressed:
- What is affordable housing and what are different programs?
- How do you find and apply for affordable housing?
- What are the eligibility requirements? (Income, household size, etc.)
- How do the housing lotteries work?
- Can you get on a waiting list?
- How do you document your income if it fluctuates year to year?
- How can you best prepare yourself for an eligibility appointment?
- What are your options if you are denied?
Online via Zoom. Once you RSVP on Eventbrite, you can expect to receive a link to join the online Zoom meeting at least 24 hours before the event. We will resend the zoom link just before the event.