Applying for Affordable Housing in NYC
Want to apply for affordable housing but don't know where to begin? During this time of crisis, do you need updates on critical housing issues like evictions, mortgage payments, utilities, and rent ? The Actors Fund affordable housing seminar helps participants get organized so they can be prepared to take advantage of opportunities to apply. The seminar will also provide current updates on the eviction moratorium and other policies that impact mortgage payments, utilities, and rent.The seminar will also provide current updates on the eviction moratorium and other policies that impact mortgage payments, utilities, and rent.The application process is explained in simple steps and helps applicants avoid common mistakes. Information regarding income eligibility and documentation is discussed to address the specific needs of the performing arts and entertainment community. In addition to information about city-wide affordable housing, information is also provided about The Actors Fund housing for performing arts professionals. The following questions will be addressed:
- How do you find and apply for affordable housing?
- What are the eligibility requirements? (Income, household size, credit, housing history, etc.)
- How does a housing lottery work?
- Can you get on a waiting list?
- How do you document your income if it fluctuates year to year?
- How can you best prepare yourself for an interview?
- What are your options if you are denied?
Online via Zoom - Once you RSVP on eventrbite, you can expect to receive a link to join the online Zoom meeting at least 24 hrs before the event.